Quick Churma Ladoos ( Churma Laddu)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25699 times
Preparing churma is usually a time consuming process, which requires a long cooking procedure to eliminate the raw smell and get a rich aroma.
Here is a really unique quick-fix, which involves powdering leftover rotis and using that coarse powder along with jaggery, ghee and nuts to prepare really delicious Quick Churma Ladoo.
The effort that goes into this ladoo is really meagre compared to its rich and irresistible flavour and aroma!
Store this mithai in a dry and airtight container for 2 to 3 days at room temperature, to relish as and when required.
- Tear the rotis into pieces and blend it in a mixer to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till they are light brown in colour.
- Switch off the flame, add the jaggery and keep stirring it continuously till the jaggery melts completely.
- Add the chapatti mixture and cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a round laddoo by rolling them in between your palms.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ladoo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.