Quick Brinjal Curry
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24613 times
The quick brinjal curry is a vegetable recipe quite common in the households of Southern India. The cut brinjal pieces are cooked with chopped onion along with coconut, tamarind and spices. A delicious combination of brinjals or eggplants in a spicy tangy gravy.
- Put oil in pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to sputter.
- Add brinjal pieces and fry well
- To the above add garlic and fry
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Fry it occasionally in low flame by covering with a lid.
- When it is cooked, add curry leaves and cilantro and mix once.
This recipe was contributed by yani on 04 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.