Quick Bread Halwa
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4777 times
Bread halwa is an unique sweet dish prepared from soaked breads, sugar, coconut powder and dried fruit mix blended together.
Add your private note
Quick Bread Halwa recipe - How to make Quick Bread Halwa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
10 bread slices1 cup sugar
mixed chopped nuts for garnishing ghee for cooking
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep pan, add the sugar, mix well and boil to make a sugar syrup of 1 string consistency. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the bread and fry till it turns light brown.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Add the nuts to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Add the fried bread slices and mix well till the bread becomes mushy.
- Garnish with more dry fruits and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by gauri18 on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.