Quick Aviyal (north Kerala Style)
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11634 times
A quick way of recreating the South Indian delicacy magic, Quick Aviyal is full of traditional South Indian flavors. A mix of vegetables and spices blended with curd and coconut, quick avial is easy to prepare in minutes and is sure to tempt every palate and taste buds.
- Peel & deseed cucumber and cut into thin pieces of about 2" length
- Peel & cut potatoes & raw bananas into thin pieces of about 2" length
- Cut tomato into thin slices, lengthwise
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, put all the vegetables and 3 glasses of water.
- Add turmeric powder and enough salt into the water
- Cover the vessel and boil in low flame, for 10 minutes till the vegetables are cooked
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies and cumin seed together, coarsely
- Add the above mix into the vegetables
- Add a little water, if necessary
- Boil under sim fire, for 3 minutes
- Add the beaten curd into the aviyal
- Put off the stove, after 1 minute
- Put curry leaves generously into the avial
- Finally, add a tablespoon of coconut oil, to get that ''real kerala touch''
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.