by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 239 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15906 times
While onion is usually added as a taste enhancer in most subzis, Pyazwale Mutter is an interesting preparation in which succulent onion rings share the limelight with juicy green peas. This fibre, iron and vitamin C-rich treat is a five-starrer in terms of taste, looks and aroma. The tangy fresh tomato pulp and thoughtfully combined spice powders transform the simple ingredients into a mouth-watering subzi within a matter of minutes. Remember not to overcook the peas, to retain their colour and nutrients.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onion rings and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till they are light brown in colour.
- Add the tomato pulp, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Pyazwale Mutter (Fibre Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.