Pyaz Tamater Tikkar
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16953 times
A healthy roti that combines the goodness of maize and wheat, Tikkar brings in the flavors of Rajasthan to the table. The dough before leavened into rotis, is mixed with ginger, garlic, spring onions and tangy tomatoes, chillies and coriander.
- Combine the maize flour, wheat flour and salt.
- Add in the ghee and rub with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Knead into a stiff dough using water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and knead well till smooth.
- Divide the dough in 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter or a triangle of 6 mm. (¼") thickness using whole wheat flour.
- Cook each roti on a hot tava (griddle) using a little ghee or oil, till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Tikkar is an unleavened Rajasthani roti made with maize and whole wheat flour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.