Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4407 times
Serve hot with roti or baathiya
haldi can only be found in winters. it is good and best to heat it in winters only.
turmeric powder is not used since haldi is already yellow in colour.
your hands will become yellow so wear glover or plastic backs while peeling and grating haldi.
u can add more garlic required to ur choice
- Peel the haldi and grated it.
- Take a wok add good amount of ghee when it is hot add cumin seed as it crackles add hing then green and red chilles.
- Now add garlic and fry untill its light brown now add haldi to it and fry it until its golden yellow (fry haldi properly or it will give bitter taste atleast for 15mins, by looking to it u can feel it is fried).
- Now add chopped spring onions to it fry constantly for 5mins.
- Add all remaining masales fry for 5mins.
- Again then add chopped tomatoes let them be soft and now add 11/2 cup of water to it. close the lid and fry for 10 mins on low flame.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#390603 on 09 Nov 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.