Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3811 times
Puttu is a traditional South Indian sweet preparation from rice rawa and tuar dal. The roasted rice rawa is mixed with dals and then steamed. The steamed puttu is then crumbled and cooked with ghee, sugar, dried nuts and cardamom.
- Dry roast the rice rawa in a pan.
- Soak the tur dal in water for 1/2 hr.
- Now melt the salt in the given water & mix the roasted rawa
- Take a idli stand or a chalni and spread a while cloth and spread the rawa on it evenly and then drain the dal and put the drained dal on it evenly& cover and steam till done.
- Now spread the steamed mixture on a plate and seperate the mixture into seperate granuels[ i.e,make it chuta-chuta].
- Melt the jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan.add the elaichi powder and coconut and make a kadak string consistency syrup.
- Add the rawa dal mixture,kaju,and ghee and mix well and remove from fire.
- It will look appear,but after 1/2 hr all the syrup gets absorbed and you will get a seperate -seperate granuels of the rawa [puttu] which is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by ved on 28 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.