Puri for Panipuri
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5292 times
A step bys step instruction to prepare the Puri for pani puri. The small crispy deep fried puris for pani puri can be filled with boiled potatoes or mashed beans and then enjoyed with coriander water.
- Combine the semolina, plain flour, soda water and salt to make a
- Semi-stiff dough and knead well.
- Allow it to rest under a wet muslin cloth for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 80 to 100 equal portions and roll each portion into 37 mm. (1½”) circles.
- Place these circles under a damp cloth for about 5 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a medium flame till they puff up and are
- Golden brown (press each puri using a slotted spoon till they puff up in the oil).
- Remove, drain on absorbent paper and store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by kpandya on 18 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.