Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6113 times
A traditional maharashtrian dessert made with chana dal and jaggery. Famous during festival times.
- Boil the dal in plenty of water till soft mash jaggery till lumps break. ix well into dal.
- Mix ghee, flour, add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Take a ball of dough, roll into a 2 round.
- Place same sized ball of filling in centre, life all round and seal.
- Reroll carefully to a round.
- Roast on warm griddle till golden brown.
- Repeat other side.
- Take on serving plate. apply a tsp. of ghee all over top.
- Shallow fry on like a paratha.
- Put mixture in a heavy saucepan and cook till a soft lump is formed.
This recipe was contributed by yashvijg on 05 Jun 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.