Punjabi Mung & Masoor Dal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77798 times
A delicious dal recipe with a blend of masoor and moong dal, Punjabi moong and masoor dal is reminiscent of typical Punjabi flavours and spices. The dals are tempered with cumin seeds and flavored with tomatoes, garlic, garam masala and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
- Wash both the dals together and keep for boiling with salt , haldi and red chilly powder . remeber not to pressurise the dal , cook it in open handi .
- When the dal is being cooked we can make the tadka simultaneously.
- For the tadka take a pan put the ghee , when the ghee is hot put the zeera and kadi pata .
- Then put the onion and green chillies and fry till they are pink in colour ,then add the tomatoes and cook till they are soft .
- When the dal is soft and tender put the tadka and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis as well as rice.
This recipe was contributed by pinky72 on 12 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.