Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28253 times
Punjabi mathia is a savoury wheat flour based Punjabi specialty snack item which is must during festivals like Diwali and Holi. The wheat flour is mixed with besan(gram flour) along with spices like red chilli powder, slat and garam masala. The dough is rolled like small flat breads and then fried similar to poories.Punjabi Mathias are delicious when served with pickle or green chutney.
Add your private note
Punjabi Mathia recipe - How to make Punjabi Mathia
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix all the above ingredients and make a hard dough .
- The dough should not be soft .
- So water should be used carefully.
- Take a little dough and roll it like paratha .now shallow fry these paratha .
- For better taste we can deep fry the parathas also.
- Serve hot with sweet curd,tomato sauce.
This recipe was contributed by cheni on 26 Aug 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.