Punjabi Ma ki Dal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18806 times
Ma ki dal is a punjabi lentil preparation with split black urad dal. A delicious creamy dal recipe, ma ki dal is favorite amongst all punjabi preparations and is also popularly known as dal makhani. Relish the smooth and yummy ma ki dal with paranthas and pickle.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad and rajma in enough water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain, add 61/2 cups of water and add the remaining ingredients, mix well and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles, or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash the dal lightly and simmer till the dal becomes creamy.
- For the tempering, heat ghee in a pan, add onion and saute till transparent.
- Add the ginger and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Remove from the flame, add the chilli powder, mix well and pour over dal. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by salluplmbr on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.