Punjabi Kadhi ( Punjabi Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 116524 times
Every state in india has their own kadhi and a lot of countries also boast of delicious curries. Punjab, not one to lag behind, also has its very own kadhi the punjabi kadhi. A preparation of curds, besan, onions and masalas the punjabi kadhi is ready in a jiffy. Punjabi kadhi makes a delicious sunday lunch when served with plain steamed rice.
- Whisk the curds and besan in a bowl till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, 1½ cups of water and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and green chillies and simmer on a slow flame for more 8 to 10 minutes or till the kadhi thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||163.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.