Punjabi Dal Makhani
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7902 times
Recreate the magic of punjabi dal delicacy, the creamy dal makhni at home with this authentic dal recipe. Enjoy the dal makhni with naan or parathas and serve with cream as topping.
- Clean, wash and soak the whole urad and rajma overnight. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the dals and salt with 2 cups of water and pressure cook till the dals are overcooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and whisk the dal till it is almost mashed.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom, onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn golden brown in colour. .
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomato pulp and cook over a medium flame till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the dal mixture, 3/4 cup of water and salt if required and simmer for 10 t 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Garnish with the coriander and butter and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.