Pumpkin Soup ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30970 times
A creamy pumpkin soup flavoured with thyme. Not very popular with many, this vegetable is as versatile, nutritious and flavourful as any other. I am sure this vegetable will gain its share of praise with this soup. Simple to make this soup tastes just delicious as is mildly flavoured with herbs and low fat milk.
Very filling, onions add mild sweet taste whereas pepper adds the final finishing touch to the taste. Pumpkin is also rich vitamin a, calcium and fibre, so this is undeniably a healthy potion!
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin pieces and sauté over a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the pumpkin is tender. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- When cool, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan,add the thyme and milk-cornflour mixture, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with carrots and spring onion greens.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.