Pumpkin Raita, Indian Accompaniment
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3331 times
The Pumpkin Raita is an easy but elegant recipe that brings together the mellow tang of curds with the pleasing sweetness of pumpkin.
The parboiled pumpkin gives the raita a nice mouth-feel while a simple, traditional tempering gives it a peppy aroma and good flavour.
A tasty and refreshing accompaniment, this raita can perk up any meal. You can also try other pumpkin recipes like the Pumpkin Kootu and Pumpkin Paratha .
- Combine the curds and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the pumpkin and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the pumpkin-curd mixture and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.