Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7661 times
This curry is very nutritious as it is rich in calcium.
Add your private note
Pumpkin Curry recipe - How to make Pumpkin Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Pressure cook the pumpkin pieces in enough water for 2-3 whistles.
- Drain, keep the water and pumpkin aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek seeds and red chillies and fry till they splutter.
- Add the onions and green chillies and fry till golden brown.
- Add the cooked pumpkin pieces and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and add the tamarind juice.
- Add the pumpkin water and some more water if more gravy is needed.
- Add the salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cook for 5-7 mins till gravy thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#446221 on 02 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.