Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7080 times
A lentil stuffed protein rich paratha recipe, pulse paratha is a healthy and simple paratha recipe. The cooked and mashed pulses are stuffed into the wheat rotis which are then shallow fried till crispy golden.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the fennel seeds and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the chana dal and cook for 2 t 3 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and salt and mix well. Cover and cook till the dal is cooked.
- Remove form the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Heat another pan and dry roast the coriander seeds , cumin seeds and red chilly for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the dal, grounded masala, onion, coriander annd green chillies and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 2 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sanskruti18 on 05 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.