This recipe has been viewed 6252 times
If you like garlic then fry the chopped garlic or whole garlic in a little oil till golden brown. pour this over dal and close the lid before serving. it tastes very good.
- Clean and wash palak leaves. chop them. pressure cook
- Tuar dal.
- Now heat oil in a pan. add mustards and methi seeds.
- Add red chillies curry leaves and turmeric.
- Add palak and mix well. saute for a minute.
- Pour tamrind water and salt. allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add some water while cooking.
- When palak is done add dal and mix well. add 1 cup of
- Water and mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add hing powder or hing water and mix well.
- It goes very well with rice.
This recipe was contributed by syamalalakshmi on 28 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.