Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2634 times
Special south indian dish and so tasty to eat.
- Cook the rice by using slightly lesser quantity of water so that rice does not become mushy and the grains remain separate.
- Cool the cooked rice in a large tray by spreading it evenly.
- Soak tamarind in 400 ml of water and keep it aside.
- Soak bengal gram (dal or whole) in a little water and keep aside.
- Roast fenugreek seeds until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Halve the red chillies and keep aside.
- Squeeze ou the tamarind and pour the tamarind and water sol through a sieve into a vessel.
- Drain the bengal gram.
- Heat a little oil in pan and add mustard,red chillies and bengal gram.finally add turmeric powder,water and tamarind solution
- In 30 or 40 minutes the aroma of tamarind subsides also all the water in the contents of the sauce-pan evapoartes.
- Add salt to taste mix wekk and serve.
This recipe was contributed by sheetal_s20 on 30 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.