Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2166 times
Serve it with avial or cucumber curd salad.
- Soak the tamarind in warm water for 10 min and make a pulp of it.
- While it soaks, boil the rice as you would for pulao.after its done ,spread it in a large utensil and cool.
- Take the oil i a pan and heat
- It.add mustard ,daal,and chilles,ginger cut fine.and asafoedita.
- Now add the tamarind pulp,haldi and salt.if the pulp is tooo thick you could add 1/2 a cup of water .bring this entire mixture to a boil.now add the peanuts(preferably roasted),and curry leaves.
- As the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan,switch off heat.
- Now add this mixture little by little to the rice and mix it gently without crushing the rice.if its too dry you can add some heated gingelly oil to the rice to separate it.
- Now the puliodarai is ready.
This recipe was contributed by slim on 08 Dec 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.