Pulihogra ( Karnataka Rice)
by Foodie #537516
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5174 times
A blend of tamarind, jaggery and spices. . Too tasty and spicy rice variety.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal and peanuts and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the red and green chillies, tamarind paste and saute for 5 minutes, adding little water.
- Add the jaggery and salt, mix well and add 3 tbsp of blended pulihogra mix powder and saute on a high falme for another 5 mins.
- Add this mixture to the rice along with corainder.
- Serve hot with raita.
- Pulihogra mix powder once prepared can be used for maximum times stored in a air tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #537516 on 04 Oct 2011Hi,
Im Mrs.Vidya Bhaskar ,currently living in Cayman Islands hailing from India..Im interested to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.