Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 12643 times
The puli kulambu is a variation to a typical brinjal or eggplant curry preparation, reminiscent of an authentic south indian taste and flavor. The diced eggplants or brinjal is cooked with tamarind water, spices, dals, methi seeds. Sprinkle the roasted peanuts and cashew on the brinjal puli kulambu and serve with steamed rice.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds and roast until they turn brown.
- Add the onions and saute till it cooked well.
- Add the tomatoes and fry the mixture for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add enough water till the vegetables covered, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and boil till the vegetables get cooked.
- Add tamarind water and coconut paste to this mixture and allow this mixture to boil to 5 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in another small pan and add the mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add this to the kulambu.
- Now the puli kulambu is ready, serve it with rice.
This recipe was contributed by anikar01 on 26 Jan 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.