by Foodie #21627
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3419 times
A South Indian breakfast snack, puli Aval is prepared much similar to the poha prepared in Maharastra. the rice flakes are seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and simmered in tamarind water. A mix of spices blended with tamarind renders an authentic South Indian flavour to aval and is best served hot garnished with grated coconut.
- Keep amli in 1/2 cup of water
- For 15 minutes
- Wash poha in water and drain and keep in a side for 30 min
- Take a pan pour oil add rai
- Chanadal, groundnut and kadipatta. after rai crackles
- And amli pani and stear it till it thicknes.
- Add poha and stear it for somewhile.
- Add salt for taste
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #21627 on 26 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.