Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14214 times
An easy and quick way to prepare delicious and rich pulav without any hassles.
- Wash the rice and soak in enough water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cinnamon, cumin seeds, asafoetida and garlic, mix well and saute till the seeds crackle.
- Add the onions and saute till onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the remaining ingredients along with 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles, or till the rice is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and seperate each grain using a fork.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by heerchokshi on 07 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.