Puffs From Leftovers
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2039 times
Simple and delicious puffs made with fillings of leftover food in your kitchen. Serve with tomato sauce.
3 10" x 10" sheeets puff pastry leftover vegetable, paneer, etc. oil for greasing the baking tray milk to brush the pastry
- Take sufficient quantity of left overs - could be any vegetable, you could add some crumbled paneer, some boiled noodles or potatoes cubes to the vegetables. mix all of this together. you could spice it up with some chaat masala, lemon juice, garnish with corriander leaves
- Grease a baking tray and preheat on 250 deg. c for about 10-15 mins. place a sheet of puff pastry on the tray, add the filling half way and fold over. press the edges together and then dab the 3 sides with a fork so that it sticks together
- Continue with the other 2 sheets (depending on the size of your baking tray
- Take a little cold milk with a few saffron strands. brush the roll with milk to glaze.
- Make cuts on the pastry to allow steam to escape and also makes it easier to cut once baked.
- Sprinkle some paprika and a little dried herbs (parsley)
- Bake for about 20 - 25 mins or till done and golden
- Cool and cut
This recipe was contributed by mausun on 06 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.