Puffed Rice and Sesame Bars
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34620 times
Here is a timeless, traditional treat that has been enjoyed by generations of Indian kids. Crisp puffed rice and aromatic roasted sesame seeds bound together with jaggery and spiced mildly with cardamom, the Puffed Rice and Sesame Bars casts a culinary spell that binds young ones speechless with joy! Overflowing with iron and carbohydrates, this energy-giving delight is ideal for kids.
- Put the jaggery in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the jaggery turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour this mixture onto a greased marble or stone surface.
- Using a large greased rolling pin, roll out the mixture to a 150 mm. X 112 mm. (6" x 4½ ") rectangle and 12 mm. ½ thickness.
- Cut into 75 mm. X 27 mm. (3" x 1½ ") bars.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bar
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.