by Palak Rajput
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25240 times
Pudina Pulao, mint flavoured pulao, best served with curd base raita.
- Cook the rice in 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker and keep aside.
- Grind mint leaves, ginger, red chillies, peppercorns, coconut, curds and salt to a smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee in a deep vessel, add peanuts and roast for few seconds.
- Add the chana dal, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom and cloves.
- When mustard seeds stop spluttering, add the prepared mint paste and stir fry for few seconds.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cooked for 2-3 minutes and stir in lemon juice, mix well.
- Serve hot with any raita of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 21 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.