Protein Cup Cakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32155 times
Protein cup cakes, kids love attractive looking food – this variation of the traditional gujarati snack uses mixed flour and bottle gourd batter baked in muffin moulds. A yummy and protein rich treat that aids in their growth and development.
- Combine the rice and dals and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the curds and mix well. Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Add the bottle gourd, oil, lemon juice, soda bi-carb, sugar, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 8 equal portions and pour each portion into greased moulds or cups.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the batter in each cup.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till they turn brown in colour.
- To make sour curds, set them for 8 to 10 hours and then use in the recipe.
- Cool slightly, unmould and wrap in an aluminium foil or cling film and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per cupcake
|Vitamin A||41 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.