Pressure Cooker Naan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 952 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88196 times
Now you can make naan in your pressure cooker. You don't need a tandoor.
- Sieve the flour very well.
- Mix the sugar and yeast in 1 teacup of warm water and stir until the yeast dissoves. Cover and wait for 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture is full of froth.
- Add this liquid along with the curds, ghee and salt to the flour and make a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead the dough for at least 6 to 7 minutes.
- Keep the dough under a wet cloth for 30 minutes.
- Knead again for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 20 small pieces and shape into naans.
- Grease a pressure cooker very lightly with oil. Remove the lid from the pressure cooker and heat it upside down.
- Take each naan, apply a little water on one side and stick the wet side around the inside of the pressure cooker till brown spots appear. You can apply 3 to 4 naans at a time inside the walls of a pressure cooker.
- Remove and apply butter.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.