Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cake
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 576549 times
If u do not have margarine, you can use unsalted butter for the same. This is a simple and full-proof recipe to get a perfect chocolate sponge cake. Must try this pressure cooker cake its yummy.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin with butter on all the sides. Dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour.
- Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour and keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour and baking powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate and 1 tbsp of milk in a bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and beat it using an electric beater till smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat it using an electric beater till it light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence, plain flour-baking powder mixture, melted chocolate and the remaining 2 tbsp of milk and fold gently using a spatula.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased and dusted tin and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the salt at the base of a pressure cooker, and place a steel ring stand and a perforated plate over it. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and heat on a medium for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker, place the cake tin on the perforated plate and steam on a slow flame for 25 minutes or till the cake is done.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert the tin over a wire rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake or use a knife to loosen the edges of the cake.
- Use immediately or as required.
This recipe was contributed by renuka.nichkaode on 28 Mar 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.