Power Packed Cereal ( Fun Food For Children)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 317 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31912 times
Anything homemade is definitely more satisfying – and nutritious – compared to store-bought foods. So, why not make your breakfast cereal at home? Kids love cereals because they are crunchy, sweet and contain loads of dry fruits and nuts too. With sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and lots of nuts apart from healthy cereals like wheat germ and oats, this Power Packed Cereal will give ample energy and nutrients for an active day, as well as antioxidants to fight the pollution and infections that surround us.
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, brown sugar and mixed nuts in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, ¼ cup of water, vanilla essence and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the oats mixture to it and mix well.
- Spread it in a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or till the mixture turns crisp and golden brown in colour, while mixing occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the raisins, mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- Serve with milk and mixed fruits of your choice.
Nutrient values Nutrient values per
|Energy|| 319 calories|
|Protein|| 8.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 20.0 gm|
|Fat|| 27.5 gm|
|Calcium|| 59.7 mg|
|Iron|| 2.3 mg|
|Vitamin E|| 0.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.