Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2589 times
This is a low-calorie dish.
the sweet/sour combination goes very well with chappatis.
- Add the tamarind into 2 cups of hot water.
- Pressure cook the potatoes, chop into cubes when cool.
- Chop tomatoes into medium pieces.
- Squeeze thick pulp from the tamarind.
- Add chopped potatoes/tomatoes, salt, jaggery, turmeric,green chillies and red chilli powder.
- Let the vegetables cook well.
- For the tempering, heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
This recipe was contributed by hems_venkat on 21 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.