Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2257 times
Potato peas masala, a spicy recipe made so easy to prepare ! Add diced potatoes, shelled peas with a range of Indian spices to prepare a lip smacking potato peas masala recipe.
- Chop potatoes into big pieces (8 or 10, each potato).
- Heat oil, add cumin and mustard seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add ginger, garlic, stir, add onion, saute for a minute.
- Add tomato, stir and cook till oil separates.
- Add all masalas, salt, curds and stirfry till boil resumes.
- Add potatoes and peas, 1/2 cup water and bring back to boil.
- Allow to simmer, covered, till gravy is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Empty into serving bowl, garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve piping hot, with chappatis, phulkas, or even plain steamed rice.
- Note: one may reduce, increase or even delete the use of chilli as per taste, to get a spicier or blander dish. it would still be delicious to taste
- Nutritive values per serving
- protein : 7.89gms
- Fat : 9.19gms
- Minerals : 2.36gms
- Fiber : 3.89ms
- Carbohydrate : 55.8gms
- Energy : 334kcal
This recipe was contributed by kamalasrinivas on 14 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.