This recipe has been viewed 1564 times
It's a fast, easy to make, especially the ingredients are such that you can find them easily at home. best for guests when there is no green vege at home. it's rich in taste too. try this to believe me :-)
- Peel the potatoes and onions.
- Cut them in long (french fries types) and thin pieces.
- Soak the potatoes in water and spread on a muslin cloth.
- Slit the green chillies lengthwise.
- Cut the tomatoes also in long pieces.
- Simultaeouly, put the gas on and heat the oil (to fry) in a non stick kadhai.
- Start frying onion and potatoes to a golden brown in colour.
- Take them out on a brown paper.
- Take out all the oil from the kadahi after frying, leaving in 1 tsp oil.
- Heat this oil.
- Add jeera, haldi, dhania, mirch.
- After the crackle, add the fried potatoes, onions & green chillies.
- After cooking for a minute, add tomatoes and garam masala and dal masala to it.
- Toss all the ingredients & cover the kadhai.
- Turn off the gas after half a minute.
- Pour the subji in a serving dish.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves & a tomato basket or long pieces of tomatoes and / or onion flowers.
- Serve it with garam fulkas.
This recipe was contributed by aaj on 25 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.