This recipe has been viewed 719 times
Add your private note
Potato gratin recipe - How to make Potato gratin
Cooking Time: Total Time:
4 small potatoes
1 clove garlic crushed
pepper powder 1 pich
30 gm cheese grated extra butter
- Set oven to hot [approx 200 deg.c].
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes,place in a saucepan and add milk and salt.
- Cover saucepan and simmer over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Soften butter in a bowl with a fork and work in crushed garlic.
- Spread a shallow baking dish with the garlic butter.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and add pepper and extra salt to taste and half the cheese.
- Drain milk from the potatoes and add the egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spread half the draines potatoes in the buttered baking dish and pour over half the egg mixture.
- Top with remaining potatoes and then the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and dot with small cubes of butter.
- Bake in hot oven for 30 minutes
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#426511 on 08 Oct 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.