Potato and Sago Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25119 times
Sago and cooked potatoes is a popular combination in maharashtra and manifests in many forms ranging from upma to vada.
Here we present an innovative new preparation using this made-for-each-other combo. A roll of plain flour and sago lovingly holds a soft stuffing of cooked and spiced potatoes to make a scrumptious snack everybody will love.
The use of ghee in the dough ensures that your potato and sago rolls are crisp and golden brown, just perfect to tempt one and all!
Do try other snacks made with sago like Sabudana Vada Stuffed with Coconut Chutney and Sabudana Khichdi .
Add your private note
Potato and Sago Balls recipe - How to make Potato and Sago Balls
Soaking time: 1 hour Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 30 minutesMakes 12 balls (12 ball )
- Combine the plain flour and water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Soak the sago in 2 cups of water for at least 1 hour. Drain the sago and keep aside.
- Combine the flour, ghee and salt in a deep bowl, add enough water and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing in it and roll it up like a ball.
- Dip them in the plain flour-water mixture and roll into the soaked and drained sago.
- Heat a deep kadhai and deep-fry a few balls at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney and green chutney.
Nutrient values per ball
|Vitamin A||35 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.