Potato and Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20000 times
Simple to taste and easy to cook. There are no spices used to help you prevent acidity, however herbs add the necessary taste and flavour.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté for a while.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Cool completely.
- Put the cooked vegetables in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Add the herbs, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper and mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with carrots.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.