Potato and Green Pea Tikkis
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6656 times
Soft inside, crisp outside, and irresistibly tasty, you will love this version of potato and green pea tikkis. Apart from the common add-ons like cumin seeds, coriander and green chillies, this recipe uses nigella seeds to perk up the flavour and aroma to tongue-tingling levels!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Transfer the tempering into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 25 mm. (1”) diameter round and flatten it between your palms.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with oil, place the tikkis on it and cook on a medium flame using oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.