Potato and Green Pea Patties in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27663 times
A blockbuster featuring your favourite stars – potato and green peas! delectable patties of potatoes and green peas spiced up with a masala paste and a dash of lemon are drowned in a tangy, homemade tomato sauce. If this is not enough to trigger your appetite, the potato and green peas patties in tomato sauce is coated with grated cheese and served piping hot so that the aroma lingers in the air taunting you to dip your spoon into it!
- Combine all the ingredients including the prepared paste in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball and flatten them between your palms.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with oil, place the patties on it and cook using some more oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the tomatoes and cover and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
- Allow to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the puree into a non-stick pan, add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place the patties on a serving dish and pour the hot tomato sauce over them. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and serve immediately. .
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||201.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||24.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.