Potato and Green Pea Mini Wraps
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22902 times
With a stuffing of energy-rich potatoes and nutrient-rich green peas, these whole wheat flour wraps are an apt snack for kids and adults alike. A semi-spicy mix of green chillies, amchur, jeera and dhania, makes the filling suitable for all age groups. Plus, preparation in a handy size makes the Potato and Green Peas Mini Wraps easy to serve and chomp into! If serving to very young children, you might want to skip the chopped green chillies, or replace it with a suitable quantity of chilli paste to avoid tearful bites.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle uisng a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti till light brown spots appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the poatoes, green peas, dry mango powder, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, mashing lightly.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a flat, dry surface, put a portion of the filling in the centre of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 1 to make 7 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.