Potato and Bean Paratha
This recipe has been viewed 665 times
Potato and Bean Paratha recipe originates from the Indian subcontinent; the recipe is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India.
Add your private note
Potato and Bean Paratha recipe - How to make Potato and Bean Paratha
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- In a large bowl mix together whole wheat flour and salt well. Add water as required and knead to make a soft and non sticky dough with the emphasis on soft.
- Keep dough covered for at least 30 minutes or so.
- In the meanwhile peel sweet potato, cut into cubes and cook it until soft either using the stove top or the microwave. I used the microwave and it took me just a few minutes. Add as little water as possible while cooking the potato.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked and a little cool, mash them. Then add salt, green chili, dry mango powder, cumin powder and cilantro to it and mix well. If you do not want too much of a bite from the bean, mash the cooked beans coarsely and add to the sweet potato mixture. I like a little bite s
- Divide the dough into lemon sized balls. With the help of a little flour roll out each ball into a small thickish circle. Place about 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp of the sweet potato mixture in the center of the circle. Pull the ends together and seal it.
- Flatten gently and with the help of a little flour roll the dough out gently into as thin or thick a circle as you like.
- Heat a tawa/ flat pan/ griddle on medium to medium low heat. Place the rolled out paratha in the center and allow it to cook until there are small golden spots on the lower side.
- Apply some oil/ clarified butter to the side facing upwards and flip over and cook the other side until it has a few golden/ brownish spots on it.
- Remove and serve hot with plain yogurt, raita or curry of choice.
This recipe was contributed by Poonga on 24 Dec 2017I like cooking !
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.