Potato, Zucchini and Tomato Soup ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16147 times
Creamy potatoes, crunchy zucchini and tangy tomatoes combine really well to make a dense, delicious soup. And carbohydrate-rich potatoes convert any dish into a meal, all by itself. This soup too, can make a quick dinner if you are not in the mood for a proper meal. Cheese balls add a nice surprise to every spoonful. This also makes a wonderful appetizer to a formal dinner. Garnish with sprig of parsley to give the perfect finishing to this tangy, crunchy soup.
- Combine 5 cups of water, cauliflower florets, onions, carrots and cabbage and boil on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes or till they release flavour.
- Strain using a strainer. Keep the stock aside and discard the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the cheese on a plate and mash it well with your fingers.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a small cheese ball.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese balls and parsley.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||181.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.