Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5235 times
Potato surprise is a delightful side dish recipe with the pan fried potatoes tossed over with paprika and select herb powders.
- Boil and peel the potatoes.
- Add salt, chilly powder, dhania powder, garam masala and coriander leaves to the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and make dough.
- Cut the bread slice into half from the middle with the knife.
- Pour water in one piece of the bread and squeeze to take out the water
- Then put approximately one teaspoon of potato dough in the centre of it and then fold, closing it.
- Do the same for making more potato surprise.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan and then add oil to shallow fry the potato surprise till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Drizzle more oil if required.
- Take it out of the oil and serve it hot with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- This can be enjoyed with tea or coffee.
- 8 bread slices will make around 16 potato surprise(by cutting the bread slice into half).
This recipe was contributed by nanha on 10 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.