by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33224 times
When you don’t have time to roll out typical Aloo Parathas , with the stuffing and all, the Potato Roti offers a quick and tasty way out.
The same winning combo of wheat and potatoes comes together again, albeit in a simpler form. With the mashed potatoes worked into the dough, it becomes easy to roll out these Potato Rotis quickly. Coriander and green chillies give the rotis an exciting flavour while turmeric gives it a tempting colour.
Enjoy fresh with a cup of fresh curds and perhaps some coriander or Mint Chutney too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 14 more rotis.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds and green chutney.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||56.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.