Potato Rosti with Mushroom Pepper Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17670 times
Bask in the bliss of crispy potatoes embellished with the goodness of veggies.
- Peel and grate the potatoes thickly.
- Add the cornflour, salt and green chillies and mix lightly.
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and spread a portion of the potatoes evenly on the pan, to make a thick layer.
- Cook one side of the rosti till it is crisp and golden in colour.
- Using a large flat spoon, carefully turn it over to cook the other side.
- Repeat to make 3 more rostis.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a high flame, add the onions, garlic and celery and sauté till they are golden brown in colour.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few more minutes on a high flame till all the water dries up.
- Lower the flame, add the maida and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, till the flour is lightly browned.
- Add the salt and 3 cups of water and simmer till the sauce thickens (approx. 10 to 15 minutes).
- Add the pepper and cream and bring the sauce to boil.
- Add the red wine and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and toss for a minute. Keep aside.
- Transfer the rosti on to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Spoon out ¼ of the hot mushroom pepper sauce on to the rosti and serve immediately along with ¼ of the buttered vegetables.
- Repeat with the remaining rostis, mushroom pepper sauce and vegetables to make 3 more portions.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||714.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||40 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.