Potato Rosti ( Cheesy )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47069 times
Rosti is a potato-based dish of Swiss origin, where it used to be a common breakfast especially for farmers. Here, grated potatoes are mixed with a sprinkling of green chillies and cooked covered with a layer of cheese till a good aroma wafts out of the pan. Here is a slightly modified version the original rosti, with a layer of sautéed onions just below the cheese layer. Onion has a crispier texture and stronger flavour compared to potato, creating a much-needed balance, which makes this Potato Rosti more appealing than the plain version.
- Combine the potatoes, salt and 2½ tsp green of chillies, mix gently with the help of two forks. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ tsp of green chillies and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on all the onions and spread the prepared potato mixture evenly over it.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the rosti with the help of a knife, place a plate inverted on the non-stick pan and turn the pan upside down to invert the rosti on the plate.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
- Parboiled potatoes for this recipe should be 90% cooked.
Nutrient values per rosti
|Vitamin A||473.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||28.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||26.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.