Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6552 times
The potato podimas are a savory potato based side dish which is commonly prepared in Southern states of India. The boiled potatoes are mashed and then seasoned aptly.
- Wash, boil,peel, mash the potatoes & keep aside
- In a kadai add oil when hot add the dhals & fry till brown, add the mustard
- Seeds, dry chillies/green chillies, ginger shredded, asafotedia pwd, salt
- To taste & fry for a second, add the mashed potato, lime juice & mix well
- For the potato mash to blend with the seasonings
- Remove from heat garnish with chopped corriander leaves & serve as a side
- Dish with plain rice & onion sambar
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.