Potato Masala Puri
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19034 times
A perfect Sunday morning breakfast item, the Potato masala puri is basically poories or puffed Indian breads which are stuffed with a masaledaar aloo or boiled potato mixture. These masala puris are deep fried and best paired with cucumber raita.
- Prepare a smooth dough with above ingredients .keep a side for ½hour..
- Boil water& cook potatoes to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil and add some cummin seeds,saute for 1min.
- Add chilli,garlic paste& chopped pudeena (or ground).
- Add salt& garamasala, amchur. stir it. .
- Finally add potato&greenpeas mixture,stir well to a fine stuffing.
- Now make equal size balls with whole dough.
- In each dough stuff 1tsp potato mixture,make again ball.
- Make them little thick puris,deep fry them to a golden brown colour.
- Serve hot with onion raita or kheera raita.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 15 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.